Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Freshly Made Sketches #5

I just can't stop playing this challenge.  I love the sketches.  Here's my attempt at this week's Freshly Made Sketch.  This card is really a hodge podge of many brands.  The border is an EK success border punch and the paper is from multiple companies.  I used the Always Elegant stamp set and tag from Stampin' Up.  For the flower, the base is the Whimsy Circle die from memory box and the flower is cut from some ribbon that has sheer flowers attached with a pearl brad in the middle.  The inspiration was the Whimsey Circle cut from black and white polka dot paper.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a beautiful card ... love the image and the flower treatment is just divine!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done! Love the colors and the swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty! I love the pop of red against the black/white! The flower is wonderful! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    Jen Timko

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love the combination of colors! The border punch and ribbon are gorgeous, as is that flower! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that pretty flower, so soft and feminine! I am so happy you are enjoying my sketches Gretchen! Thank you for your kind words! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colors, love the stamped image, but that flower is so super-cool! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How elegant! I love black, white and red together. It always makes such a statement! And your pretty sheer ribbon flower is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous...great way to use that stamp image! and I agree, FMS is addicting! Thanks for joining Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gretchen - I've awarded you the Versatile Blogger award! Go to thepaperstamper to pick up your award :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a gorgeous card, Gretchen! I just love how you used that stamp set and the color combo is so classic and elegant. Very, VERY pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete